Here it is, December 31st, 2015, and I thought about this blog. As you can tell, I did the same thing about 14 months ago....
2015 was an interesting year and I sincerely use that word.....not in my typical sarcastic tone. I kicked off the New Year under the weather and successfully completed No-Drink January and a few other things....
- Minneapolis in January - very, very cold!
- Laurie & Lindsay came in for a night before their fun cruise
- Repackaging Mr. Coffee boxes at Target.....not that fun!
- Amna and Omer came to Florida for the 1st time!
- My 1st Housewares show.....with a mandatory visit to the Hangge Uppe!
- Boston for Ken Bagley's retirement party with Trish
- My dad retiring from Marquette Bank
- Mom's knee surgery #2
- Natalie celebrating her 40th birthday in Florida
- Toured St. Jude hospital in Memphis
- More trips to Minneapolis
- Ella Rose Abraham made her debut!
- Hawaii
- Steven & Kathleen's Wedding in Jacksonville
- Stanley Cup - Game #2 in Tampa with the Fielys
- Blackhawks win 2015 Stanley Cup AND I got to celebrate with Jen & Christopher
- More trips to Minneapolis
- Apartment hunting with my parents
- Gretchen's visit to Boynton and the infamous "Sorry Gretchen" uno game
- One last "Annual Ali BBQ" at the Midlothian house
- LA Dodgers Game.....and the obligatory Dodger Dog!
- Girls' Getaway Weekend in Captiva with Jenn, Amy, Tricia, Jean and Lisa (wine-based drinks)
- A broken foot!
- Mardi & OC living in South Florida
- My parents move to Boynton Beach!
- Missing NYC for Natalie's birthday, because of said broken foot :(
- Key West for Jenn's birthday with Andrea, Jodi and Nancy (#squadgoals #lifecoach #baddecisionsmakegreatstories
- I became a Director of Customer Marketing
- Sean & Jessie's Wedding in Delray Beach
- A few more trips to Minneapolis
- My 20th Reunion from DDE with the girls (Jen, Sara, Melissa, Michelle, Heather & Shelly)
- Bears v. San Diego with Tere (first time we went away)
- Zac Brown Band with my dad
- Reunited with Kelli Nolan
- "Famgiving" with the Coopers, Lomauros, Mazurs and Ali's......first time we did not host in Chicago
- Newell acquires Jarden
- Barb & Arnie come to South Florida
- Christmas Eve at Barb & Joe's
- Christmas Day at Emil & Nancy's
- Phoenix for New Years and to see Gretchen & Cory's new place
- Blackhawks v. Coyotes
- Quick hi to Jen & Christoper
- Short visit with Wendy, Darin and Kristin
I'm sitting on Gretchen's couch, reflecting on the past year and thinking about what I want 2016 to be about. Looking back through all of these activities makes me realize how truly blessed I am, and I can only hope that this next year brings me as much joy and happiness.
2016 will continue to be about health and happiness. That is my only goal. A year that is healthier and happier than 2015.
Hopefully, I will be back to this site before 12/31/16. Cheers to 2016!
Jake & Bogey.....still not BFFs!
July 2015
Amazed at the history and how emotional the trip was
Stanley Cup Finals - Game 2 - Tampa
San Diego Chargers
Until next time.....you stay classy, San Diego!


No comments:
Post a Comment